Friday, August 28, 2015

Welcome, grab a seat and a cup of tea.


Do you have your cup or mug of tea yet? 
If so let's take some time to relax and get to know each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nice to meet you, my name is Samantha but surely you can call me Samme. I am an artistic college student looking to one day work for a big animation company like Nintendo or Pixar. I am also a huge nerd, which we can go into more detail a bit further down. I just wanted to put that out there so that you will be able to understand why my entries are titled with issues. I want the tea room to be relaxing yet professional. Good enough that if The Queen wanted to join us she could, but casual enough that we do not need to be dressed for The Queen. So to remind myself that the Queen of England may not be tuning into my blog, we are going to number it like comic book issues. Don't worry though, I might not be like; "What will happen when Samme is faced with animation of the 3D caliber, tune in to the next issue of Creatively Sipping on Tea, to find out." Though if you think that will be a nice closure, feel free to let me know. Now onto the topic at hand, getting to know each other.

As you already know, I go by Samme, however what you may not know is that I am originally from the Bronx, NY and moved to Arizona when I was 12, where I currently reside give and take a few moves. Even though I have lived here for about 7 years, I am not used to it at all. I don't know if I ever will get used to living here. Since elementary school I have been in a variety of clubs. 
                    
               A book club at my local library, the cheering squad( not to be confused with cheer leading) for my elementary school basketball team, choir in the 8th grade, the chess club on and off until freshman year of high school, art club on and off until I graduated high school, national junior honor society when I moved to Arizona in the 7th grade(technically not a club but had after school activities), robotics club in the 8th grade, anime/graphic novel club freshman year of high school, drama club, honorary volunteer for the hospitality class all 4 years of high school, and finally Japanese culture club at the college I attend.

You are probably thinking, that is too much clubs, didn't you do any athletics? I did up until my first deadly asthma attack so I quit the athletic side of life. Though I was in Jazz, Tap, Ballet, and competitive Caribbean dancing until I was 6.

At this point you are like there can't be anything else to tell us, however there is. All those clubs show you is my willingness to learn. It doesn't tell you that I have a really huge obsession with cats and the ocean. That I have 2 feet (approximately 61cm) long  shark plush toy named Mufasa. That I try my hardest to attend Phoenix Comicon every year and only missed going it twice since 2008, or that I have a Tumblr, Twitter, Deviantart, Facebook page, and Patreon account that I try to keep running properly.

Speaking of social media, there will be times I will link those sites so you could see. I probably won't link my Patreon since being a patron is purely by choice. 

I often will link my animation assignments, only the cool ones though. I take an animation class at the Main campus of Glendale Community College. I also take conversational Japanese and other classes, like general education. I like attending GCC, it was my first choice. I didn't even think about going to universities. I hope to get my associates in animation and Japanese. I am not going to specify a time limit for I feel that I will take classes for hobbies I love. I look forward to furthering myself, but especially along a network. The ultimate goal is to go to the cinema for a looked forward to movie that does decently in box office, and see my name in the ending credits. Once that happens the world will become my oyster again and who knows what is next?

No comments:

Post a Comment